Ted and I enjoy good music playing in our home and vehicles...actually, Ted plays it in the office at the shop all the time too (don't know that the guys always appreciate our "taste" but that is ok...boss trumps employee!) We have had the opportunity to go to several (hold on to your hats!) Southern gospel concerts. Greater Vision is one of our favorites! The old songs have tremendous messages...they have been a comfort and encouragement to both of us! My Dad refers to these songs as "heartsongs". Often we find ourselves sitting and humming along with tears streaming down our cheeks. The last concert we went to in the Chicago area was with the Hoppers. I sat through a couple songs and just sobbed. Don't tell me that the words to songs don't have an impact! Our kids pick up on the words of everything and everyone! (will save for another post!) Right now we love to hear them sing "Try A Little Kindness"!
They have a song about "Springtime's Coming". Every time I look outside and see the snow melting...the song begins! Not that I want to wish the days away...but the promise of new life and growth...a beautiful reminder for me as a Christian wife and mother...I need to renew, refresh, revive each and every day. Things that are dead don't grow! With life...there are growing pains...so I will thank God for the growing pains and allow Him to prune, water, and nuture my life.
I think spring has become my favorite time of year.
1 comment:
Kari, It is so good to read your thoughts and realize what a lady you have become. And then it made my day to see a comment from Mari! How about it Mari? You could send some photos of you guys for Kari to post!
Post a Comment