Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Three Hour Tour




Our livingroom once was where all the action took place! Now it is a sitting room and part playroom...the couch often being used as some means of transportation. My favorite piece is Gram's china cabinet! I am very protective of the glass doors and finery inside of it...and often have to send rambunctious children out of said area. I love the smell of the cabinet...it still smells like it did when it lived in Gram's kitchen/diningroom. I have the cup I bought at the tearoom where all the girls went the day of the funeral. The cup made it home safely from Idaho. It sits on the top shelf next to the rose from Gram's funeral. Wonderful, sweet memories are stored in that cabinet for me...and when I open the doors, the years scroll by and I remember getting the salt and pepper shakers out to help set the table. Gram always had a little spoon in the sugar bowl ready for coffee. Coffee always tasted the best out of the fine bone china cups with Gram's yummy cookie treats arranged on the tiered plates. I think it is time for a tea party!

1 comment:

maritmae said...

What a huge amount of memories just flooded my heart reading this about Gram's cabinet. Wow!! A cup of tea would be great sitting around the table exchanging memories with the cousins! Thank you for this great day of memories.