Friday, May 11, 2007
"I think I like grace"
The other day was not a very good one and I didn't have the where-with-all to ignore the mocha moo latte that was calling my name. So the girls and I went to DQ on the round-about-way home. The girls really didn't deserve a treat, but I surmised that it would be cruel for Mommy to get something and savor it in front of them. I told them that I was showing them grace and mercy and would order a cone for them. Ashlynn asked what grace was. I...said..."it is unmerited favor...uh, (come down to the 5 year old level)...uh, grace and mercy is what Mommy is showing you...it is something you don't deserve!" The kind lady handed us our ice cream and we were on our way, and I heard Ash say, "I think I like grace!" Thank God for His grace and mercy in my life! I think sometimes I forget to show it...practice it...teach it to my children. It was a perfect opportunity to tell the girls once again about what God has done and continues to do for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your stories! Oh, and I just adored those candy bar cakes, what an awesome idea. Some day you'll have to show me how to do that. I'm glad you read my blog, I just didn't think many people did because not tons of people know about it! Come to think about it, I rarely comment on yours but I check it on a daily basis. Wish I could talk to you in person every day though! love you!
Post a Comment