Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Welcome Summer Vacation!



Last Friday was Ashlynn's last day of school...they had a party! Then we took off for the WI wedding of Ted's friend...thus began our summer plans!
We shall look forward to the fall when Ash will be in first grade and Alisa will be our kindergartener! I wonder what the class bear's name will be? Ash's class called their bear "Ima Helper" and she got to bring her home a couple times. Ima graduated too and will move on to first grade...cute idea!
It is a beautiful day again today...with rain in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.
I have locked the kids outside (naughty mommy?)...the in and outs have started and I am not dealing well with that. I know all the aunties are chuckling under their hands at me...I know "been there done that"! Any ideas to combat that? Maybe I shall consult Mrs. Piggle Wiggle...our favorite read this week.
I guess it is snack time!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Hi Kari,

Mrs. Piggle Wiggle is a great idea! I wish that I had her secret for training my girls when they were young. We did read her books though & I do think some of the problems were solved when they wondered - would Mom stick the hose in our rooms (for water) and a rake with our food on it, if we don't clean our rooms? Yep, I think she would!

I miss the the girls going "in" and "out" now & look forward to Henry doing that at my house. I think I am very nostalgic about things that bothered me at one time. I miss having little ones around. I think being a grandma will be lots of fun!!! I won't have to be responsible for discipline all of the time - I can be in charge of some spoiling. I'll try not to spoil all the time because I know that is hard on mommies and daddies!!!

You are doing a great job with your kids. I wish I could come and visit this summer & get reacquainted.

Love lots,
Auntie Cilla