Thursday, February 21, 2008

Those of you who are being carb-conscious...sign off now!

This will cost you a partial bag of flour, little sugar and salt, yeast, cinnamon, brown sugar, water, electricity for the bread machine, gas for the oven, a little time, dash of effort, and...butter for the finished product. All of this being cheaper than the gas to drive to Panera, the bagel, and a cup of coffee...and the side trip to Target which is across the parking lot! I saved money... but not carbs!
After copying down my friend Sarah's bagel recipe this morning...I set up the bread machine and pushed go for the dough cycle...what follows is nothing for the carb-conscious! Sarah and I share many things...laundry issues, three children, hard-working husbands, a loathing of morning...and a love of baking. Thank you, Sarah, for sharing this yummy and easy recipe!
Boil for just a short time and then they are ready for toppings and the oven. Just don't forget to spray the pan...duh, Kari!


I thought the Panera Bread cinnamon crunch bagels were the best...oh... these are perfect and cost sooooo much less! I think next time I will "bake" some of the brown sugar and cinnamon to get it crunchy and then knead it into the bagel so the cinnamon crunch is on the inside and outside! Morning has never looked so good, huh, Sarah!?

5 comments:

sara said...

Those look so good. I will have to try them- I am a Cinnamon crunch bagel girl myself.

aliciadawn said...

OOOOh. I must have this recipe...please, please!

gailsgarden said...

Hey, how about sharing the recipe with those of us who don't have a Panara Bread within a day's drive! And no, we don't need it either!

Blended in Texas said...

Wow! Those do look yummy- glad you enjoyed them. Ours are already gone. =( I guess I'll just have to make more. =) I thought mine tasted similar to Panera's cinnamon crunch too, but I didn't add any brown sugar (just used plain old white sugar). I think I will next time- thanks for the idea. I'm sure the brown sugar makes them even yummier!

Heavenbound Kim said...

O my, they look sooooo yummy! I got to try ~ may I steal the recipe? ~mmm~ I can taste 'em now! Kim;D x's