Friday, March 14, 2008

Another look at perspective!

The bowl is empty!!! For now!!!
Round four has hit...Ashlynn first...and we are waiting to see who else will go down and out.
I have to say that it is nice when sickness doesn't hit till 6:30 in the morning...I am more able to handle the clean-up process with a cheerful spirit and there isn't anything left in the body to make that big of a mess...unless of course the bowl isn't present...then there are blankets to wash and a chair arm to scrub!
I hate it when the kids are sick...you know it hurts and there is nothing to do but hold their hair back and keep a firm hold on the bowl!
I remember all the sick days I had...and Mom was always there with cool hands to feel the fevered head and cheek, hold the hair back from the face, wash the face with a warm cloth, spreading out a blanket on the couch and towel on the pillow, washing load after load of laundry...often in the middle of the night, offering 7up with ice in a cup, offering the bucket, cleaning up the ever-present germs, checking on and off to see that all is well, being busy but quiet so you could rest...but never to busy not to hear the faintest "not right sound", buttered toast being cut into little squares...all the little touches of a mother trying to ease the discomfort of being sick.
I am glad that I can be here at home for days such as this... making each child comfortable and helping them know how much I love them by the little Mom touches that my Mom taught me! You always need a Mom when you are sick...I know I still do...and I have the blessing of two Moms here in town...it is nice to be needed!

2 comments:

Connie Carlson said...

This post brought back fond memories for me (we used a pail)!! What a wonderful tribute to your dear mother's love, Kari! Also, what a joy to see you passing on this loving care to your precious children! I'm excited to see a picture of your driveway clear of ice! Love you, Aunt Connie

Heavenbound Kim said...

Mothers are a great gift from our God, eh? I have memories too, of my dear Mom! Kim;D x's