Monday, March 3, 2008

Through the cabinet glass...

As I sat this morning in the livingroom, my gaze was drawn to the Gram's china cabinet, now ours. Many of the things were given to me as gifts and some came from Mom and Gram. Pretty cups, saucers, candy dishes, candlesticks, pitchers, bowls...all sitting there...waiting to be used...used at one time or another...used for good purposes...used for the hostess' pleasure...washed and dried...and lovingly set aside...for now...till the hostess has another reason and purpose to bring them out. Like this life...

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Those cups are such a sight for sore eyes. I miss seeing Mom's hutch with all of her pretty cups and saucers in it. I guess I need to come and visit you and visit the old familiar cups. What a treat!

I take out some of the cups that I received & journey down memory lane from time to time. What great memories!