Friday, April 4, 2008

Today's Past, Present, and Future

We are filling up on Patch th Pirate these days! As Ted and I listen along, we are amazed at how many of the songs we remember! The old adage "Garbage in, garbage out" has been at the forefront of our thinking lately. It is our job to protect our children...as best we can...so when they are confronted with ungodly things, they can choose the right! The kids finally are enjoying the adventures of Patch and the gang! (We tried before and "it is too scary" or "why did they stop singing again?" They get the whole idea now!!!) An added blessing...it is quiet in the van unless they are singing along! We pray that God's truthes will be cemented with these wonderful characters and message! If you don't have them in your home...you are missing a big treat!
This is for Angie...since she told "our neighbors that we are a bunch of rednecks"...not really, but dear friend, it looks as though we have a start! All I see is how much yardwork there is for me, uh, no, the kids to do! See the rocks and sticks and toys...all them...not me!!!
Soon...we will be able to use the bathroom! Drywall, mud, door....progress is being made with Teddy's help! Next big job...sanding the mud and mudding again. We shall have to have a ribbon cutting ceremony for the boy's bathroom!

1 comment:

Heavenbound Kim said...

I love Patch the Pirate... I can honestly say, "I grew up on Patch" Oh, I was a little older than most but that's when I did all my growing (in Christ). I have lots hidden away for when I have grandkids but I bought the big people ones too... ♥ Kim;D x's