Monday, July 7, 2008

One woman's trash is another's treasure!

I saw this in a garbage pile on Friday night...Ted wasn't convinced that "I needed this" for the yard. When Mom came on Saturday morning, I asked her if she noticed if it was still there...she had noticed and was going to let me know (great minds think alike!)...so "Hi, Grammy...everyone pile into the car..." and we went to pick it up! It was so exciting!
Rather than spending $200-$300 on a new wicker loveseat...God provided one for free! And He allowed it to be there long enough for me to go pick it up! I bought 4 cans of spray paint for $1.79 each and I am watching the "end of summer season sales" for a cushion...the ones I have my eye on are 30% off right now...light blue with floral print...a perfect place to sit and watch the kids ride bikes and read...and like Ash says "drink your coffee"! Come and visit!

5 comments:

sara said...

LOVE it! Now I am on the look-out for free wicker furniture to paint!

Dave Mincy said...

That is REALLY NICE! I love the red too! You would make your Uncle Paul proud! I guess I will have to blog the rocker we picked up during spring clean up.

gailsgarden said...

I don't see the comment when I explain that it was not Dave but me commenting. Just so you know!Anyway, I am green with envy when I see your clematis. It is gorgeous! Mine wasn't doing much yet and then I had to dig it up and move it for our paint job.

Deb said...

I just love it when God does those things for us! It looks great. I need something for my front porch; haven't seen one for free yet, though.

Becca said...

This chair makes me homesick for heaven in a way I can't really describe. I guess because I know Grandma would have been so proud of your thrifty find and the beautiful results!
I sure love you all!