Sunday, August 24, 2008

How do you get ready for the first day of school?

"I don't want to go! I will stay home and go to work with Daddy!"
"I make sure my hair is perfectly arranged!"
"I think about all the fun I will have in my auntie's class!"
We invite Mom and Dad to the lake for the weekend and spend lots of time on the boat, eating, laughing, cuddling, and watching the kids...and seeing how much they have grown up and are changing! Then we come home, take showers, eat a snack, and go to bed by the appointed time of 8:00p.m., and everyone falls asleep...except Mommy...who decides to download the weekend pictures to make room for the first day of school pictures and contemplate the fact that 6:00a.m. is going to come awfully early!

2 comments:

sara said...

Fun Fun Fun!!!!!!!

Hope they have a great first day of school....what are you going to do with all of that solitude?!?!? Probably clean the house :)

gailsgarden said...

That looked like lots of fun! I hope you had a moment of silence for the absent relatives...like we did for you when we were in Maine Thurs night - Sat AM!!! I will blog it.