Monday, September 8, 2008

Letting go...





seems to be the theme these days! I watched Ted help Teddy as he ventured out on his bike with no training wheels. His buddies have been riding without training wheels and Teddy was ready "to join the guys"! They were there to cheer him on as Ted held on to Teddy making sure he was getting his balance...after a few passes and a winded Daddy...Teddy was off! I think the whole scenario lasted 45 minutes till he was "racing down" the sidewalk. He was working hard and was exhausted by the end of the evening. I watched with a gasp on the edge of my lips...waiting for the impending wipe-out...I know it will be nasty and hurt when it happens...but that is part of letting go...being there after the fall to wipe away the tears! Yep...it was a lesson in letting go for me as I watched our son accomplish another milestone!

1 comment:

Heavenbound Kim said...

Awesome, Teddy... ;) ♥