Last week called for a night of comfort food...chicken with homemade noodles over mashed potatoes...just like Mari has served. I roasted the chicken, removed the meat, made stock from the bones, made the noodles (Taste of Home's recipe), and mashed the potatoes. Then had to "coax" the kids to eat...Teddy ended up in his room and fell asleep till 6:30 the next morning, Ted was very late that night, and the girls finally took a bite after I told them "it was Aunt Mari's recipe and their cousins eat it"! They both said "it is very good and we need to tell Aunt Mari that she has good recipes!" You would think my skills in the kitchen are less than desirable to hear my children...it all depends on what day it is and what their moods are...cause sometimes...I am a "good cooker"! sigh!Tuesday, September 23, 2008
"We need to tell Aunt Mari that she has good recipes!"
Last week called for a night of comfort food...chicken with homemade noodles over mashed potatoes...just like Mari has served. I roasted the chicken, removed the meat, made stock from the bones, made the noodles (Taste of Home's recipe), and mashed the potatoes. Then had to "coax" the kids to eat...Teddy ended up in his room and fell asleep till 6:30 the next morning, Ted was very late that night, and the girls finally took a bite after I told them "it was Aunt Mari's recipe and their cousins eat it"! They both said "it is very good and we need to tell Aunt Mari that she has good recipes!" You would think my skills in the kitchen are less than desirable to hear my children...it all depends on what day it is and what their moods are...cause sometimes...I am a "good cooker"! sigh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment