Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What do I do to keep busy while the kids are all at school?

Housework...um, not now...I am playing! I am working on plans for our ladies retreat...table decorations for 13-17 tables that are simple and done ahead! The plans have been in my head and on paper for months. I have been finding neat stuff at Goodwill, Salvation Army, and various thrift stores/garage sales/antique stores...but only spending $1.50 or $.49 on things...put it all together with flowers we have at church and fabric I will use for something else and we are good to go! Now is the time to pull it all together...the retreat is in three weeks!


I was excited about the little chalkboard and old picture frame that will add to our "coffee house decor". And even more excited about spools of ribbon in our church flower room! There is always someone who picks up or donates items...they may sit for years before someone comes along...and "tada!" we can use them! So I will still hold to the saying, "One woman's trash...is another's treasure!" Call me thrifty, frugal, or cheap...stay tuned for the end products!

No comments: