Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A funny conversation makes Mommy think...again.

I am not advocating halloween in any way shape or form...but when you buy a Mary Engelbreit calendar...October inevitably will have the normal scenes in her cute, artsy style...so this hangs in my kitchen. Alisa and Ashlynn were having a conversation about dressing up...first as princesses...then Alisa said she would like a black hat like a witch. Ashlynn said she would like a green face like a witch. Our only exposure of what they would look like is from The Wizard of Oz...or is it?
"Clean up your room, pick up all that junk off your floor, make your bed, brush your teeth, be nice to your sister, feed the dog, where are your shoes...I'll get you my pretty!"
I am just thankful they didn't tell me I needed a hat or that I had a green face...once again I observed the fact that the how of what I do/say is as important as the what I do/say! Ted notices when the switch is flipped...and the kids do too! Last night was one of those times when I let the behavior of the children trip my trigger...face it...we all have those times! I wonder if that is why they had that conversation?
So here is to a day of not sounding like that hat fit! With the Lord's help!!!

1 comment:

sara said...

I love Mary E calendars! I am just like you, not really into the witches, but this is cute anyway.