Thursday, October 23, 2008

What is she doing now?

NO...we are not having another baby...however, we both have had some scary dreams about it. I am getting to enjoy having a little one around again...meet my new little friend, M! His mommy is going back to work on Monday and is going to miss M terribly. He is 8 weeks old tomorrow and I am going to take care of him every day that his mommy goes to work.
He is the sweetest little guy and smells so good! He likes to be rocked and cuddled...and I have all kinds of time to do that for him...because my children are in school! God gave me a "job" that I can do that works well for our family and schedule, and is a blessing to a new mommy and daddy!
Teddy asked me today, "Mom, why don't you go to a shop to work like everyone else?" I told him that Daddy worked it out that Mommy could stay home to take care of him and his sisters, to pick him up from school, and to help M's mommy! After they jumped out of the van, I thought back to the choices we made when we first got married...older vehicles, cozy little house, controlled spending, frugal choices, God's blessing and provision, hard work...just some of the reasons why I have the privilege to stay home. I know it is not always feasible for other mommies and my heart goes out to them. I neededed that little question to be a gentle reminder to me...I am blessed and I am thankful...and I am so excited to be able to help a friend!

5 comments:

Connie Carlson said...

Hi, Dear Kari! We just got home after our 4-week trip, and I can finally enjoy your wonderful blog! We enjoyed our visit with you and your family so much on 10/9! Your children are so delightful! Thank you very much for the stamped cards. They are so lovely! You should make them available for sale on your blog so all could enjoy them! Love you much, Aunt Connie

gailsgarden said...

Oh Kari! I thought you were crazy busy already! Have fun with the baby. I guess that means you have to haul him back and forth to the school and wherever. That should bring back some memories!

Silly 1 said...

Oh my goodness is he cute!!! You're gonna get the baby bug!!! :) So glad for you to be able to help out and make some $! Love you Mar

gailsgarden said...

Oh, I am SOOOOOOO excited to see that Mari is alive!!!! AND that my comment really did go through because I keep getting strange undeliverable notices.

Heavenbound Kim said...

ooooh, he's cute ~ what a blessing to babysit! ;)