Ted told me I needed to get them in the mail by Monday at the latest...and it is now Tuesday...snowing...and it is not going to happen! (I started to feel guilty because I didn't do Christmas cards for everyone at church and didn't have the one ready to send out. My feeling is that Christmas letters and cards are for those who live far away from you...but that is not what everyone around here does. Don't get me wrong...I have never been one to do something because the crowd was doing it!!! I was feeling guilty because "supermom" dropped the ball after making her loving family pose for a picture!)
The Christmas letter is saved in a Word document and done...just not printed off, folded, stuffed, and stamped...and it is not going to happen this year. I am just going to email it and post it here on the blog. I am admitting defeat. I started strong and had things layed out...then got busy doing other things...and I am just not going to stress out to go and get stamps and such. It wouldn't be fair to the kids! As I type, Teddy is yelling down the stairs that Chevy just puked. That is just how it is...I start, I stop, I forget where I was and what I was doing. That is what a Mother's job is! If you follow this blog...the Christmas letter doesn't say anything that you don't already know...except for Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We are so thankful for all our friends and family! And we are thankful for the opportunity to keep in touch with many of you via technology!
2 comments:
You know what we do at our church? We had someone make a BIG card which we put up on the bulletin board and everyone signs greetings to everyone else. We say that people can put what they would spend into our building fund. It saves everybody time and money. Of course some people can't seem to get with the program, but that's okay!
Kari,
Thank goodness that you didn't do cards for all the church family either...now I don't feel SOOO bad...Christmas is every year on the 25th and I still struggle with getting the cards out/ready some years. LET'S MAKE A PACT--next year, September--we will pull out Christmas music and do our cards. I'm sure I could get Nancy and your mom to join us for Christmas in September. =) FUNTIMES...hey, I will even string up some lights at the cottage and put out the wreath!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS, MY DEAR FRIEND!!!!!!
Post a Comment