Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Do you know how hard it is to be productive when everyone around you is sleeping peacefully?!

It is my all-consuming thought today...how can I crawl back in bed to warm up and just stay there all day?! Instead, the car is warming up again for the trek to school...and back...for the second time today. I wonder if Mommies ever get "to call in sick", "take a personal day", or "go on vacation" for the day...I would spend the day in my bedroom...cuddled up with the electric blanket on and read a good book. I should check with "my boss"...right after I take a nap!
I now know how I would answer the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" A hibernating bear...sleep away the cold months, extra pounds are good, you would always be warm, no bad hair days, you are oblivious when childbirth takes place, you would just move to a new den when the other got too messy, nails would always be long, hairy legs would be the rage, fruit and nuts would be a great supper and the cubs could "make it themselves", and growling wouldn't be unattractive!

No comments: