Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Look, guys, she is typing without looking at her fingers!"

"Look at how fast she can go!" "You just know what you are going to type in your brain?"
It made me giggle...and I had to backspace several letters...but...
I just wanted to "show off" that I can "wow" my children with "some of my many skills" that don't involve dishrags, toilet scrubbers, hairbrushes, and laundry baskets!
Have you ever thought about what your children think of you? What you do? What you are able to do? What you haven't done in a long time? I think sometimes they forget that mothers are people who can do and did other things...once upon a long, lost time! Yes, we can have fun...I didn't always wear a ponytail, stained shirt, baggy sweats, holey socks, and slippers! I used to never leave the house without make-up...or at least lipstick!
Awww, it is nice to have some little someones in awe of me...or at least in awe of a few of my skills! My husband is in awe of how I have changed over the years...he knew me when I never was without lipstick, never mind the jewelry and nails! Just to show them all...my nails are done, I have on jewelry, make-up is still intact...but I am in my sweatshirt and slippers! Yep, it was a good day!

No comments: