Friday, February 6, 2009

A Work In Progress...

girls growing up! It was time to lose the unnecessary clutter and broken toys from a room shared by two brown-eyed girls. I started by priming all the dots, stripes, and border. Then I dug out the can of paint that we already had...you may recognize it from the kitchen...but it matched a color in their bedspreads! Thank you, Lord, for making it spread to two walls and the shelf background!!! I am still deciding if I want this one wall another color...pink...or...I don't know! The trim needs attention too.
Re-decorating a lamp I had...with ribbon and flowers and such.
Found a Simply Shabby Chic fabric shower curtain with a pink ruffle on the bottom...on clearance at Target with the perfect colors!
Back to the attic goes the play kitchen set...to wait for grandkids (oh my head!) or a garage sale?!
And another bag to give to our friends at Salvation Army or Goodwill...de-cluttering feels so nice...or maybe it is the warmer weather and the fact that the birds are singing! What a welcomed sound!



1 comment:

gailsgarden said...

Oh you can't give the kitchen set away!!! You will regret it if you do! Your girls will have a fit someday like we did about Gramma's doll Dorothy that my Gramma got rid of! The kitchen set is already a 2 generation thing!