I have found myself there (state of agitation or irritation) for several hours yesterday and part of today. My head hurts, I am tired, and I can't find anywhere to go hide...I kept having to take care of things and people and pet. Well, my cherry friend helped me find something to "blame" it on while we struggled to entertain/distract/bribe/etc. two cute little guys in the nursery tonight. It didn't work. We were talking about how tired they both looked...the time change messes kids up...aha! and it messes adults up too! No amount of caffine has worked. Sleep has not been coming easily...too much caffine? sick husband's woeful state? the return of frigid temperatures? the hour difference? The one thing that seems like a logical thing to blame...the time difference! That...or the full moon tonight!?I feel like my poor plants look right now. I know that underneath the "dried up" stalks and heads, life is still protected by the "insulation" of the ground and extra mulch. The warmth of the sun will soon produce visible shoots as the roots take in water and nutrients from the soil. I am thankful that I can get the rest I need and face a new day tomorrow...knowing that the Holy Spirit is still at work in my heart and life. There were visible signs of life in my actions for others...even when I didn't feel like I was full of life and beautiful! In time...after a season of rest...the plant will produce beautiful flowers and greenery again! Time...the difference is time!
No comments:
Post a Comment