A fun theme, bright colors, a very pregnant lady, good food, games with prizes, lots of friends and family, a pile of presents, a touching challenge, a funny reading, and lots of laughter...that is the way a baby shower should go! Letting the new mommy and two little girls know that we love her so!
The girls did such a nice job in their planning...and it showed in the little details! A Cat sitting in a bowl of gumballs! A platter of little bags of M&Ms from the girls (baby Macy and Myla) to say "thank you". I am a people watcher...I try to be discreet...not gawking like my little cherubs. Ha ha ha. But I do notice things and try to remember and learn from different situations.
It was neat to see the many different age groups represented...teenagers, college agers, singles, pregnant mothers, and mothers who have been there (and are still there)...done that(grandmas)...and moved on(great-grandmas). There was much wisdom in the room last night...much of it, I'm sure, learned the hard way! And sometimes...maybe that is the best way...because what worked for some...won't work for others. I think we could have written a book! We could call it...The Baby Book (there's The Foot Book) or Some Are Spotted Some Are Not (one gift was two stuffed little tigers), or How the Socks Fall Off or...
Dr. Seuss sure had a way with words! Several of his sayings can cause a person to stop and think! Most days I don't stop to observe "from here to there and everywhere"! He had much influence as an author on beginning readers...even today.
I looked around the room and counted how many ladies from our church and other friends were present...and thought "this is what showing love for others is all about!" As Christians, we should be the example of love in word and deed...not sweating the small stuff! The ladies showed their love last night...you could see it in their eyes and hear it in their laughter! These new little girls and their parents are loved and have people who are willing to help them as they begin this new adventure called parenthood.
I looked around the room and counted how many ladies from our church and other friends were present...and thought "this is what showing love for others is all about!" As Christians, we should be the example of love in word and deed...not sweating the small stuff! The ladies showed their love last night...you could see it in their eyes and hear it in their laughter! These new little girls and their parents are loved and have people who are willing to help them as they begin this new adventure called parenthood. I was reminded that I have a responsibility to be led by the Spirit each and every day in my home...first to my family and then in reaching out to others...in love...giving as Christ gave...so that others may know Him...and then they too can be reaching out to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment