Saturday, March 28, 2009

Waiting and Watching do "pay off"...

especially at Salvation Army! I have been hunting for a mirror for the girl's room...then broadened the scope to any old frame or picture...TADA! This frame is wood...carved...and someone down at SA knew it was worth something more than a regular fake plastic mold! I saw it and had to wait for a man to get it down for me. No price tag. So he took it to the back to get it marked. He came back with a skeptical look on his face..."$6.00"!? I quietly said, "I'll take it!" I was so excited! Teddy thought I was nuts and rolled his eyes. BOYS!
I found a place that will reasonably cut a mirror for it, even though the girls wanted the "pretty picture". All the pieces are coming together...now for some warm weather...so we can paint the other pieces! The shabby chic look continues to come together!

No comments: