Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sometimes...on some days...

it is hard to be thankful in the midst of the daily grind. 
On those types of days, I find myself reading longer during my Bible time or tuning into Godly music.  Then about the time I get my focus right, the children begin their shenanigans and the dog wreeks havoc on something.  The process of re-focusing begins again.
Some days...I flee to the kitchen and spend time with my hands in the dish water.  Cleaning up the breakfast and snack dishes helps me feel better. 
Sometimes...I resort to baking. 
Today...it was a pan of chocolate chip bars.  Not as a reward for craziness from children, but a gift of unconditional love. The aroma of freshly baked goodness fills the house...and makes this Mom feel like I made a difference today.  I can see, smell, and taste this finished product! Sometimes...on some days...chocolate does make a difference!
Other days...crawling back into bed and hiding just works better!

No comments: