What a day for employers and employees in the retail world! Black Friday. What a racket! Yet...each year the entire...or most of the...country falls for it. Ted left the house at 2:30am and didn't return until 5:20pm due to the Black Friday push. Crowds of people lined up in the cold, dark, early morning hours. It makes me ask...why would anyone do that?! There is nothing I want or need to get or give that is worth that. I realize some people are thrilled by it. Hundreds of people rearranged their schedules and made special arrangements to make Black Friday a priority of their Thanksgiving weekend.
I wonder...how much effort will be given by many of these same people regarding this Sunday? Or next week in their jobs? Was the money, that is to be set aside for God in tithes and offerings, spent in the name of a "good deal" and with the thought that "He understands how things are!"? I wonder how much time and effort will be given to God this weekend in His house by those who call themselves Christians. After all...it is one way to show thankfulness for all that He has done for us and given to us! Where is our treasure being layed up? Matthew 6:19-21
It was easy to talk about the concept of thankfulness as we prepared for Thursday...now...how will we apply it to our daily living...Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and the following days? We are so affected by the schemes of this world's system. We have bought into the whole Black Friday trap...and it has left us weak and broke and full of excuses for the one day this week that is the Lord's.
After today's schedules, I wonder...if 9:30am is really too early for Sunday School...after all!

No comments:
Post a Comment