And it makes me so proud of our girls! I love sitting and watching them trip merrily in to meet their teacher. Today, I got teary as I really saw how grown-up they are now. I remember those first tottering steps about the house...now...they are off...sometimes hesistantly...to bigger and better adventures.
They learned that they can play together...now that Ashlynn has learned the basic notes on her flute. They worked on and then played "Mary Had A Little Lamb" all on their own. "Mom, did you hear us...we played a band!" Alisa said, "I played the piano, Teddy played the recorder, and Ashlynn played her flute!"
Ashlynn's teacher told her she could start working on "Jesus Loves Me" out of the hymnbook! I wrote out the melody line for her...and another copy for Alisa. This will be fun to hear and see them work together...to make more beautiful music. Truly..."Mary Had A Little Lamb" sounded sweet because they did it all on their own and were cooperating with one another.
To us...these lessons are worth every cent...especially if they use their talents for the Lord! It is another way for us to train them to know what is really important in this life.
"Only what's done for Christ will last."

No comments:
Post a Comment