Friday, May 13, 2011

May I introduce you to...

"Huh!?!"
That is how our big, little love has been answering me...us...lately. 
I think I have caught on...finally.  It is her alter-ego for this new stage of life we are quickly approaching.
Nice to meet you, Miss Huh! 
Is there anything I can help you with?  I will do my best to make your trip comfortable.  I will laugh with you and cry with you.  I will correct and disciple you.  My name is Mom and I will be your personal attendant during this ride. Dad and I signed up for this special assignment the moment you were conceived.  I promised God  that I would hold you tight, help you, and love you as I rocked you and sang to you that first night in the hospital.  That moment is very vivid to me still..."Precious jewels...His loved and His own..."  God gave us this responsibility and we trust Him for wisdom and direction.  I may not request a seat change at this time.  I will be prepared for moderate turbulence at any time....and I will endure with humor...and hope!  And Dad will be there to catch us when we stumble.
"Please stow any loose, personal articles at this time.  Return your seats to the upright and locked position.  Put on your helmet and secure tightly.  There are no emergency exits available.  Fasten your seatbelt. 
Enjoy your trip!"

No comments: