Sunday, May 22, 2011

"What happens at Grandma-Great's, stays at Grandma-Great's!"

We took a picnic supper down to Grandma-Great yesterday afternoon/evening.  We sat on the patio.  The kids watched a movie and played UNO with Grandma-Great between treks to the playground.

Teddy fussed at me about "pictures, pictures, always more pictures."  I told him that I will continue to take pictures, especially on days like this, "so just get used to it!"  We never know how much time we are given with those we love and who love us...we must keep these memories!

 
Ted and Grandma are so funny!  She told Ted, "Teddy, you put a zipper in it.  You don't have to tell everything I do or don't do when you are here."  We talked and laughed...and we realize once again...Grandmas are special people who need to be smothered with love!  They don't always have to be the ones doing the smothering!  "Oh, you kids..." Grandma said to us several times...and we know she enjoyed the time we spent with her.

No comments: