I am so thankful for the beautiful summer days that God sends to break the heat and humidity! It is like an oasis...a place of rest and refreshment. Today is one of those days for me physically and spiritually. My heart is full. My soul is at peace. My mind is at rest.
The windows are open to air out the house. The breeze blowing the curtains and whispering through each room. I am able to sit still with a grateful heart. I know I have struggled. I know I have grown. I know I have been tired. Today, I am at rest. The skies are blue. The air is fresh. What a picture of what the Holy Spirit has been doing in my life! I understand the words to the song, Stand Still and Let God Move. I have a better understanding of the verse in Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God..." There are times to stand. There are times to fight. There are times to rest. I wish I could post the songs that are playing right now. What a comfort to know that God is in control! There is sweet rest in my submission to that truth!
No comments:
Post a Comment