The kiddos worked diligently on their schoolwork today. I played at the sewing machine! My cousin Sara inspires me to play with color...lots of color. I loved her leaf garland and made a couple today! I also made a couple gifts.
I was feeling crafty...and played with the different stitches. Who wants to use a straight stitch when you can have a stitch that looks like bird tracks? I'm sure there is an official term for that stitch...I do not claim to be sewing literate. I know what a seam ripper is to be sure!
I have so many fun fabrics to use...and I had some felt stuck in my drawer. This garland hangs in our schoolroom with the little lights.
My kitchen window needed something fun to frame the view. I'm kicking around another project for this window...I just don't know if I am brave enough yet. We'll see!
It was a cool 65 degrees in our house all day. We kept a window open for fresh air and wore sweatshirts and socks. This afternoon after school, Alisa baked chocolate chip muffins for dessert tonight.
Warm oven spreading chocolatey scents all over the house!
The guys worked outside this afternoon and did another guy thing after supper. "At least it will be just the girls in the house!" said Ashlynn. Then the girls got a taste of what Moms do when everyone leaves...Teddy ran through the kitchen to get his jacket...and left a trail of mud clumps from his boots. Alisa swept up "his mess" and then they turned into little Cinderellas! Alisa swept, mopped, and shook rugs. Ashlynn vacuumed the house and even the edges in the family room "because there were clumps of dust". I lit the candles and finished the dishes. Wow! I didn't even have to ask!
A fall Friday night at home...with a sweet treat...a hint of smoke from the fire...twinkly lights...encouraging music...family...yummy supper...candles glowing
all enjoyed in a cleaned up house! Thanks to my girls!






1 comment:
Way to go, girls. That does a Grammy's heart good. I made carmelcorn and finished cutting apples. Come to my house and clean and me. Love, Gram
Post a Comment