Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gathered and Cozy!

Cousins arrived safely...and all the kiddos disappeared outside and inside and all around for hours.  Everyone has gotten so big...no more little children running back and forth screaming for joy.  There is constant chatter and laughing as they move from room to room...and it is fun to listen to them!  The girls kept chatting till midnight...the guys and the parents gave up before that.

Adults rested, talked, and visited in the coziness.  I have a feeling the time is going to feel like it flew by!

We sat so long and talked that supper had to be dealt with...before we got to the pie!  My sister is so smart...she rolls her pie crust in a large ziploc bag...no messy, floury counter...cut the sides of the bag and flip it in the pan.  I laughed...she asked me if I had pre-made crusts...NO..."Do you know how easy and fast it is to make?"  Brad says she is the queen of pre-made.  It was funny to me...who does everything from scratch...but to be fair...I have more time to do it that way!  We like semi-homemade ideas, right sis!?
The pies look and smell yummy!  She did a great job!

My sis came with plans!  A box of stamping stuff, treats, and coffee...for some serious sister stamping and talking time!  After the turkey...everyone will have to fend for themselves...
well, sort of...we'll still be in yelling and requesting distance of our husbands and children!
Thankful for time with loved ones, noise of laughter, smells of coffee, tastes of good things...

No comments: