Thursday, August 23, 2012

Turning our sights toward school!

I need to post this somewhere in our schoolroom...for my benefit!
Yesterday, we cleaned the schoolroom and purged junk (read that as all the craft and mess that is created and never taken care of by our three chair fillers of the elementary age).  Three bags of garbage...ok...Mom may have went a little nuts...and they weren't HUGE bags as our garbage can is small in the schoolroom.
It felt good to clean and straighten.  It looks nice, but it needs something fresh...my brain is whirling right now!  We'll see what I come up with!

This picture made me chuckle...because of the clock!  It is 8:15am...the time we usually start school...and the kiddos are still sleeping!  My how our days have changed!  My once up-at-the-crack-of-dawn-risers are now sleeping in and I am up-at-the-crack-of-dawn!  I love the quiet of the morning...now.  Quiet time with the Lord is truly quiet and the second cup of coffee can be enjoyed in peace.  School days are going to be hard on the students...especially when...
a couple of days wake up time has been 9:30 and once even 10:00!
We are ready to go pick up some school supplies...finally!  Teddy went through the bucket of markers...and had to throw most of them away.  After three years of use...it will be a good and needful purchase!

I have browsed around pinterest and found such neat posters and signs.  I like this one...because as Mom and Teacher...I tend to not always think before speaking...I just deal...and usually out of exasperation.  THAT IS WRONG!!!

I don't have any teachers for my students to give cool gifts to...BUT I have some students that this idea could be tweaked for.  I also have to figure out what treat will fill our candy jar...oh the strain!

We are going to be doing things a little bit different this year...I think...and in praying and preparing...I am asking the Lord to give our students a good year...full of learning experiences!
School begins after Labor Day...we have some fun things to do before then! 

1 comment:

sara said...

I love that THINK poster too! Hope you have a great school year!