Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Saturday's date with Alisa


 We took a little time out for some girlie fun!  It had been another week of some more growing pings and pains.  We went to our new favorite store...Charming Charlies!  We oohed and aahed and made lists of things we want to get.  I shall direct any and all requests for gifts/gift ideas for the girls in our house to gift cards/cash to spent on all things girlie and sparkly...plus they have a nice smelling perfume...and shoes!  I think, Alisa's heart rate sped up due to the excitement.
 We sat at Caribou Coffee and talked about all the things we saw and all the things we have been learning of late.  "Growing up isn't always that easy!  But knowing that you have someone to share it with...and some cash for a coffee drink...sure makes it bearable!"
I had this rotated and then...waala...during posting...it turns sideways again. Oi!  Alisa and I both thought our napkin was a good one...and depending what direction you choose...it could be a hard go or a blessed go!  I'm just thankful that we can go with our children through the ups and downs of life.  We are still parents...but it is an even greater blessing...when we can be friends in the middle of parenting!  Alisa now knows...there are some days...when Moms and daughters just need some time together...and it very well could involve an icy, minty, mocha cup-o-wonderful...and it is ok to suggest it!!!

No comments: