Thursday, April 10, 2014

A busy week

With the Missions Conference came the opportunity to help feed our missionaries lunch one day.  Ashlynn helped by making dessert...chocolate chip cookie dough layer, Oreo cookie layer, and a brownie layer.  Yummo!

Meanwhile...back in K3...we are getting into the spring thing!  We "planted seeds" in cotton and hung them in the windows to watch them sprout.  We shall see if it works!
Practicing new skills all the time...dribbling!

We have had three babies born at our church in the last two months...with one more coming soon!  One of our teachers was blessed with a baby boy on Wednesday.  This new addition also opened an opportunity for me to teach the junior high and high school English classes each afternoon.  
I had to do my homework after church last night, so I could speak intelligently in Literature class!  "Don't worry, Mrs. T., we are not too different than the three year olds."  Another student spoke up and said, "Speak for yourself."  This is going to be fun.  Now...on to Lit-er-a-ture!
Ahhh, what a beautiful sight!  I saw the plane right after I parked in the cell phone lot, "This has got to be his according to the flight status!"  It was!  The plane that was carrying my husband home to me this afternoon!  Two minutes later...I got the text, "Just landed!" and felt immediate relief.  Thank you, Lord, for a safe trip across the big pond and back home.  Ted was gone for ten days on a business trip to Germany and Slovakia.  It took him 24 hours to reach his first destination...flights:  Detroit to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Vienna, and driving a rental car into Slovakia...then on Sunday driving back to Vienna and flights back to Amsterdam then Frankfurt and driving another rental car to Leverkusen for the week.  That set him up for a sleepless week and a half!
Now he is home...and we are all at rest...some of us may or may not be snoring peacefully in our own bed already!  When I look back at our week...it was busy!  I was sick for most of it...coughing through each day and all night.  But...we held it together and made it to today. I am thankful that in our weakness...He shows Himself strong!

No comments: