Ashlynn was a great help to me on Friday night. We had to go buy food for the International Food Court for the start of Missions Conference on Sunday. She had requested to go get sandals with some money she had saved. We made two stops and got everything done in short order...an amazing feat actually...shoes AND an outfit! My only gripe...she looks so grown up in it!
Teddy has been struggling with being able to see at a distance. We picked up his new glasses on Saturday morning. "What a difference they make!" Dad suggested transition lenses...and he likes them! He knew what style he wanted and picked everything out himself. He is also prepared for the ignorant remarks from others, "I'll just tell them to go away...at least I can see!" I really didn't think it would be a big deal...till this afternoon...he told me a couple of the comments from today. "Remember how we have talked about not having to put in your two cents or having to give your opinion about things? The Bible talks about wise people keeping your peace...keeping your mouth shut...but fools vomit out whatever is in their head and heart. You now know..." As a Mom who has watched her son struggle with his vision the last couple weeks and who remembers how wonderful it was to be able see clearly once I put on my glasses...I am calling it as I see/hear it. Being kind to others seems to go out the window when we think we need to voice whatever foolish thought is in our head...
sometimes...
glasses aren't needed to see that kind of behavior...
just the ears...
which of course are needed...
to hang those glasses!
HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment