First ride of the day...Mad Mouse.
The first and only wooden coaster we rode...we felt beat up after it! They sure make rides smoother than they once did!
No humidity and a mix of sun and clouds makes for a perfect amusement park day!
Log ride, anyone?
Hey, Kari, you get the front! Ha, ha, you can get wet!
Waiting for the bumper boats...turned out to be our favorite thing...bashing into each other and trying to splash one another.
This park sure has changed over the years! It has tripled in size since I went while I was teaching in Grand Haven! We went into the water park area and the kiddos enjoyed several parts. It was too cool for me by that time! Ted lasted a short ride on the lazy river and then he was done too. "Crazy kids, I don't know how they stand it for that long! That water is cold...especially with the air being so cool and the breeze kicking up."
"You are not supposed to take pictures!"
"Teddy, sit still! You are rocking this gondola!"Fixing her loose screw..."Careful! Don't drop it!"
"So...Snoopy is the mascot for this place?" Yep! We enjoyed the day. It is a clean park. It wasn't crazy crowded. And they have kettlecorn that was amazing!
The sun setting at 9:05pm as we pulled out of the parking lot to head home! "I like being able to take a day off now and then to spend it with all of you." Ted remarked while we watched the kiddos ride the Tilt-o-Whirl. I am thankful for that special gift too! There were seasons in our life where that wasn't possible. God brought about seasons in our life that brought changes...which have brought us to this summer season...and blessing. Another reminder that seasons go by so quickly and we want to learn from, be thankful for, and enjoy each one.
No comments:
Post a Comment