Saturday, July 26, 2014

I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you."

What a day!  My heart has been in my throat after talking with my dear Mom this morning.  My Daddy has had a very rough week with lots of bouts of heart pain.  To quote Mom, "The stable angina has now become unstable angina.  Something is not right!"  Pray without ceasing...a wonderful privilege we have as God's children!
And then...what a night!  The first call from Mom came just as we started our family devotions!  Dad was airlifted to Eau Claire after being taken to the hospital for severe chest pain.  Lots of tears and prayer together as we read the portion of I Peter 5 tonight...the verse right before our passage...verse 7..."Casting all your care upon Him..."
I just got off the phone with Mom about 9:10pm Michigan time.  The doctor had been in to see her. They did an angiogram and found a 95% blockage in one of the previous bypasses.  It was the bypass they did several years ago with the vein from the leg.  The doctor told her those don't hold up very long/as good as the other ones (from the arm?).  Anyway, they put a stint in, right then and there!  Praise the Lord for quick medical attention and abilities!  They said nothing of heart attack, but Dale (one of the deacons...who Dad called to take him to the hospital while Mom was gone to Rice Lake...picking up more of the nitro pills) said Dad was in a great deal of pain by the time they got to the hospital..."I think he was gritting his teeth..."  Dad responded to the nitro drip and other medicines the medical team gave him before airlifting him.  Dale said he was feeling better and joking before getting on the helicopter.  I guess it only takes about 10 minutes that way!  I'm so thankful they chose that route!
So...at this hour, they were getting Dad settled and then Mom would be able to go in and see him.  He will be in CCU tonight and be monitored with the possibility of going home tomorrow.
I'm so thankful for a Heavenly Father who worked through others today to take care of my Daddy...and my mom!  Thank you, Dale and Angie, for being there for our parents!  God is good all the time!  And I'm thankful He cares for His children and reminds us in the uncertain and scary times! 

No comments: