this birthday is not going to be forgotten or ignored! It started when Dad and Mom sent me home with birthday money to use during our sister get away. Then...yesterday...our K3 and K4 friends brought gifts to celebrate...
because my wonderful co-worker mentioned Mrs. Kari's birthday is next week when students are not in school or daycare. She came in special just to celebrate and brought in mini cupcakes and a big girl cake!
"How fitting that we would use a plastic play dough knife in K3 to cut your cake!"
Safety first, you know!
They sang a rousing song of "Happy Birthday To You!" that was a cross between the chipmunks and an angry man forcibly singing to make you understand what was going on. I wish I would have taped it! Hilarious...brows furrowed, red faces, and veins popping out on their necks!
"That cube balloon is just cool, don't you think, Mrs. Kari? I helped my Dad pick it out!" asked Little L. "We can have the chocolates I brought too!" With the cupcakes, ice cream and sprinkles, and discipline issues...I did not share my chocolates. It may have taken me...(gulp)...45 years...but I am not an idiot! K3 and K4 friends have little bodies that do not handle that much sugar well enough before the imposed nap time!
Pretty sunflowers from Little S Thank you, Mrs. K! You were very thoughtful...and I felt love from all our little friends/parents and from you! Looking forward to our new year...after a week break from so much time with little friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment