Friday, August 29, 2014

Many hands have made...work...lighter...

 We have moved and cleaned and sorted and bought.
 We have created and crafted.
 We have rearranged and ranged again...turning our room upside down and inside out.
 I forgot how sore you can get climbing up and down a ladder!
 We wondered how we would make it all work.  So much helpful junk that needs a place till we need!
 Cutting...
 peeling...and sorting.  "Thank you for bringing your kiddos in to help!"  They begged to help, really!  They like to do things and I am so glad for the extra hands!  "What kind of cupcakes do your kiddos like?  I told them if they help me I would make them cupcakes!"  They like any kind, but that is not necessary.  They asked to help!  "So...you are telling me I should adopt 11, 12, and 13 year olds!?"  Well, you could or you can just grow them yourselves, but be warned...this didn't just happen over night.  It's hard work and you cry a lot...kind of like when we start a new year!  But not.
 Ah...yes...a working desk!
 All the bulletin boards are new and fresh around the buildings! 
 We got all the little details pulled together and done for our Parent/Student/Teacher Orientation last night.  Everything looked so nice!
 Everything Mrs. K envisioned...I think...for the most part...we were able to accomplish!
 Bright and cheery to be sure!
 Oops...a couple piles that hadn't been cleared before the picture.
 We are ready for another year in K3.  We have another lady joining us to help us.  "Hey, we can't call ourselves the Super Ks anymore.  That wouldn't be nice because Mrs. Debbie's name starts with a D!"  Hmmm, we are going to have to think about this one!
17 out of our 18 families showed up last night!  We stood amidst the chaos of supply bags, inquiring parents, and busy 3 year olds...trying to get a glimpse of each other across the room...you know...moral support.  "I started twitching."  I did too!  Oh my!  "I want my old class back."  Um, they went skipping into K4 smiling.  We can't have them back.  We are starting all over...on Tuesday...ready or not.  We have a couple that are just potty trained (remind me to write a thank you note to their parents for waiting all summer), one that speaks only Japanese, two that speak Korean, and a couple little guys whose parents are "concerned about their separation and social interaction".  18 new little friends.  18 different personalities.  18 little lives to touch for Jesus.  18 families to encourage!

No comments: