Monday, August 17, 2015

My crafty friends will appreciate my flop!

 I have a pile of braided tshirts!  I am ready to make a cute rug for our reading area in the K5 classroom!  Bright and cheery!  Hand-crafted fun!  Read how to do it on Pinterest.  Ready...set...sew!  I don't have time to sew it by hand...or rather...don't want to devote that much time to sewing by hand.  Starting out nice and flat...needle can handle it...
But something isn't right...I keep flattening it out and stretching it..."Um, I think you have a Pinterest Fail!" Ted chuckles. "Why do you keep sewing?  It isn't getting better."  I pull it off and it curls up more.  "Mom, I think you should make it into a basket or a bag!" encourages Alisa.  Teddy laughs.  Ashlynn wants to know what I am making...yes, she has been in the same room with all of us while I explain what I am doing and why.  I GIVE UP!  I text Mom.  She laughs, "Email Aunt Gail."  I email Aunt Gail. She laughs and suggests hand sewing.  I DON'T WAAAANT TO HAND SEEEEWWWW.  Dad says I need a winter hat.  Alisa restates the bag idea.
 
 I sat and ripped it all apart.  I have wasted most of my Sunday afternoon now.  I start sewing again...this time more of an oval shape...it is working better...we'll see...later...I had to walk away and go to choir.
***Monday update...I haven't touched it.  It will be there tomorrow.

1 comment:

gailsgarden said...

You didn't mention to me that you were using tshirts, or that you were stretching as you sewed. Not a good idea, eh? Boi-oing!