We do!
I am thankful too!
Ted sent this text to me the other day...while he was in a meeting and I was at work. This came through at exactly the moment I needed it! I needed to laugh or I was going to have a meltdown and cry...dealing with small children and parents every day can wear on a person. He also shared the picture with others in the group and the women thought it was terrible. Of course they would...because it came from a man and because it was Ted and because other men in the room laughed. When I responded, they wanted to know if I was mad. He showed them my response...somethings to the effect of "Funny and thanks, I needed to laugh right about now."
I am thankful for Ted's sense of humor and how he shares it with me! I love that our children see us laugh together...with...at...for...about...you name it.
We have learned to laugh together even through the hard things in life...there can be laughter. Ted puts up with a lot of female crazy...but he willingly signed up for it for better or worse...and I love him for it!
I know Ted loves me for who I am...and there is comfort in that truth.
He knows I love him...
and only point out the red lights ahead of us in extreme instances, or the green lights when he is a million miles away at the moment it changes, or ask why he didn't turn where I thought he wanted to go...
and I will continue to be his help-meet whenever and however I can. I made that commitment 17 years ago...and I look forward to many more!
Happy Anniversary!
We make a great team!
Ted, I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment