Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fun in K5

 We had an ABC Fashion Show.  I found the idea on pinterest and the parents went over the top to make it successful!  I had the letter A...so all my "A" items went on an apron...because I couldn't get the paper bag to work right for me.  Paper bags are perfect size vests for 5 year olds to decorate with their special letter!
 We made it past the short vowels and now have begun reviewing the consonants...letter T...we had to do Detroit Tigers!  Teddy says I am a traitor.  I say I am a good K5 teacher...who is surrounded by loyal Tiger fans!
 I enjoy watching my kiddos interact with my Kinders in the morning.  "Mrs. T, those big kids sure are chatty!"
 I borrowed a reward coupon idea found on pinterest.  The Kinders use their earned tickets to buy special coupons for fun rewards that are not just candy/junk toy treats.  Sit anywhere coupon!  I lost my seat for two days in a row!  Obe the squirrel can sit with you coupon!
I am so proud of the progress I am seeing in five weeks of K5.  It is hard work to do what you are asked to do as a big kindergartener!  They love to sing and listen to stories.  I get tears in my eyes when we say Psalm 23 together.  Their excitement is contagious.  I love Kindergarten and the random things that come with it!

2 comments:

Grompy said...

What a blessing God has given you!!!I feel like I am reliving the joys of teaching.

Priscilla said...

It is awesome to hear what you are doing with your class. I'll pray for you this year - what a privilege and responsibility!!