Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Father's Day 2016


So thankful for the years that we have had together!  So many lessons learned.  So many blessings through each lesson.  So thankful for the obedience of leaving, cleaving, and weaving.  So thankful for Ted's leadership in our home!  I know it is not always easy.  I know it can be a thankless job at times.  I know there is great pressure.  I know that when I follow God's plan for my role...all goes well and there is great peace!

I know Ted's confidence is not in himself.  I know he is following God's Word and His leading.  I know he is not perfect.  I know he is always learning and growing.


 I know this...because I watch him with our children.  I hear his instruction, his praise, his encouragement, and his correction.  I see his tears of thankfulness and pride in his children.  I hear his humble words as he teaches in our Sunday School small group.  I hear of the opportunities he has at work as he leads and trains.  We are where God wants us...doing what He wants us to do.  We don't need anything but God's strength to obey Him.  We realize we are doing a very important job right now.  And Father's Day is just another reminder of this privilege that we have been called to do together!

Ted, we love you and thank you for all you do for your family, your co-workers, and your church family!

No comments: