Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The collection has begun!

Actually...I have been reading and researching for the last two and a half months!  I've been searching for new and fun ideas to put with some of my favorites from last year.  Yet...I still am not ready to admit I need to start getting ready for school.  In truth, I never really stopped...mentally.  Shhh...don't tell anyone!  You can't turn off teacher brain...you can try to ignore it...but something every day ordinary will trigger it!
 Alicia and I went out and about...and the dollar spot drew us like a magnet...the force is very strong...especially when you know lots of teachers shop the dollar spot!  A couple words and ideas from Alicia...encouraged me to embrace my calling...and I might have gone a little overboard.  "You know it won't be here when you decide to come back!"
 While on vacation, Ashlynn encouraged me to "just get both, Mom, you know you will kick yourself if you don't!"  Great help as I tried to decide which to use as our classroom mascot this year...still not sure if I want to do an eagle...to go with a patriotic idea.  Hmmmm!
 So...we have a pile in the living room...waiting for me to actually load up and take to school and admit it happens in a month!  I have tons of notes and book ideas for programs and such...now...how to make it all work and fit within the calendar and curriculum!
 I told the kiddos, "I am not ready to walk through the school supply section yet!"  But...maybe...just maybe...to smell the new crayons...and see the fun folders...maybe!

No comments: