Ashlynn is in 10th grade. Alisa is in 9th grade. Teddy is in 8th grade...and he is so proud that he is the tallest person in our family!
My classroom makes me happy! It is bright and colorful and welcoming!
Board in the hallway...
Outside of our door...gray and black with quotes from the characters of Wizard of Oz...for grown-ups mostly!
Ready for Open House night...badge of courage for each Kinder for parents to kiss and send with their child on the first day of school.
Lollipops for good behavior stickers...earning a real lollipop!Oz the Owl...our classroom mascot this year.
First day...coloring and drawing while waiting for all our new friends!
The new bag idea for morning fun...works great! Miss Jen has been such a blessing!
A rose from my friend!
A puppy who is having trouble with the change of our schedule...she is now my dog again!
My birthday present from Brad and Mari...a Michigan table made by Brad! I love it!
First day of school finished with away games!
Beautiful treats from a sweet Kinder and her parents!
No tears the first day...tears from one the second day...tears from two the third day! Oh dear...we shall see how many cry on the fourth day! I'm trying hard to make it fun...but it is a lot of change for some of our friends! All day...every day for a couple with older siblings...they are so tired by lunch time!
One little guy told me today, "Man, we have a lot to do in here every day!" I agreed with him...but made sure they had some time to explore the book shelves and toys.
We were able to do our assessment of each child. I have some who don't know how to write any letters. Everyone knows their colors, numbers, and most shapes. One little guy who just doesn't want to do much...can you see him? And some who are vibrating with energy and answers.
I am so thankful for the strength God gives each day. He has given me a wonderful helper who laughs at me...and with me. I am surrounded by coworkers who love what they do and encourage each other. I was reminded of the three little ones (that I know about) two of whom told me that they asked Jesus to be their Savior! It is worth it all! I had a part in the watering...so they could grow in their understanding of God's plan for all mankind! John 3:16 That is why I teach.

No comments:
Post a Comment