I must have been showing the effects of the day because Miss Jen quickly said, "Don't look, it will be ok. I'll grab it!" She called it! It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and I left as soon as I could. Dealing with little friends who are struggling pulls at your heart and you try to do anything and everything to help...and then you realize...it isn't enough. I am thankful that God leads and directs...and then He gives perfect peace to all parties when decisions are made. Today (Thursday) was much better...for our little friend, for little friend's mommy and daddy, for our class, and for the teachers.
I am thankful for another friend who has come into my life who reminds me to laugh!
She laughs at me and she laughs with me. "A merry heart doth good...like a medicine..."
And of course...chocolate is nice too.
We laughed at my chocolate's saying during a particularly rough patch...I stopped and let the chocolate melt in my mouth trying to collect my frazzled nerves and thoughts, "It is a good thing I won't be observed today!" I am proud of my age and my hidden "wisdom spots" as Ashlynn calls them (gray hair)...but I also realize I feel my age on days like Wednesday! Thankful for quiet moments and a good night's rest...and God's strength to get up and do it all over again! Tomorrow is Friday!!! And yes, I'm glad we have made it through our second week of school!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment