I bought these Itty Bitty friends when Mari and I went on our sister outing. "I am going to do an election in the K5 class!" We do a unit on America in our History class. We have been talking about many symbols, people, and places in the United States. Our first vote was to choose a name for our elephant and donkey. We are not promoting any one party. We can't "for real" vote in K5! We are voting for our favorite animal. In the innocence of Kinders...these were the names that they gave me. I laugh at the accuracy of a K5 child and what is happening in our nation.
Everyone got to vote once for the elephant name and once for the donkey name. After we worked through "I don't like the donkey. I just want to vote for the elephant." We got an accurate count...we eliminated several names. Mrs. T. and Kinders voted for these winning names. Miss Jenn voted for two of the eliminated names. All that to say...teachers weren't the swaying or deciding votes!
We will have an election on Nov. 8, and pray for our country! There is a lot of crying and wrecking going on...and it is scary when I look at all the little Kinders...I wonder what the good 'ole USA will be like when they are old enough to vote...for real!
No comments:
Post a Comment