Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Not going to lie...

Mom...these snow globes turned out so cute!  I have them on the other side of the door too.  We put "Grammy's" up too!
I get so tired after a morning of Kindergarten!  I start out great and make it through the day, go home with big plans to do some things, and then Velle whines or barks to sit on my lap...and I am done!  Ted teases me about taking naps in the afternoon, but I don't have time to get one.  When I look over all the pictures of Tuesday and today...I see why I am tired...it is a mental tired from always thinking and planning so as not to be overcome by 5 and 6 year olds.  
 Add to the normal daily stuff of learning...special day ideas and programs!  Oi...makes my head spin!
 Famous American Day in February...to help prep for K5 Graduation in May!  I thought I had a good idea.  Using Alphabits Cereal to make words...and then eat them...sounded good in my head...they had trouble making words today!????  Oi!  Simple....one vowel words...we've done it many times.
 The fun ideas seem to come easily as I am always looking for ways to use all our senses...I have 8 boys...7 of whom HATE coloring!
 And then there is trying to keep control/discipline...which goes right out the window when you hear yourself say things like, "Go ahead and eat your words!"  They...well, he...literally eats them off the table!  Thank the Lord for a huge supply of Clorox wipes!
 But...I keep searching for fun things, I keep giggling at the funnies, I keep cheering on their learning, and I keep praying for the strength to be what I need to be for my family each night!

 I was so concerned that January would be dull with not much color...so I keep choosing bright things to compliment the snowmen, snowflakes, and snowballs.
 Our little Kinder world is bright and cheery on another dull, gray, cold Michigan winter day!
Almost halfway through January...I hope we get it all done!  whew...I really want a nap!  I think, I think I am younger than I am.  My mind says one thing...my body tries to speak up and say another!

No comments: