Friday, August 3, 2018

Mom's Pet Peeves


 Girls and a boy...who leave their stuff EVERYWHERE (see the hair tie?) even after countless talks about putting things away!
 Toilet paper NEVER put on the roller...I can't walk by their bathroom without fixing it!
Little tiny ants that want to hang out in my kitchen!
 Clothes ALWAYS on the floor or in baskets...the closets and shelves they have are empty.
 Towels not hung up to dry!

No one noticing that the garbage is full...it is not just the boy's job!

BUT THEN...I need to stop...and be thankful for the time at home during the summer to notice and take care of it myself.  These teenagers are in and out so quickly with their working schedules...if I am fair...they do stop occasionally and get caught up on some of the chores at home when it really counts.  I dropped off a sandwich for Teddy as he worked yesterday and was told by one of the managers, "I love your kids.  Your kids are great!  I appreciate their hard work and attitudes."  And that stopped me...just chill out!  These three chair fillers at our house know what to do, how to do, when to do...and where to do that it really matters right now.  It has been fun to watch them continue to grow this summer!  "The days are long but the years are short..."is proving to hit me in the throat these days.  This year starts the beginning of three consecutive Senior years!
 Another pet peeve...When my mind doesn't compute that "sparkling" means "under pressure" and don't open while driving in the car!  My pet peeves only affect me negatively...and cloud how I see the growth of our children.  Clearly, I have my own set of issues to work on!

No comments: