Monday, August 3, 2020

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

 I'm excited to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday!  I was nice on her 40th.  But this year...we are having some fun!  Ashlynn was with me as we went through the aisles at the store...
 I spent more than I had planned on the silly stuff but with each thing Ashlynn would point out, we would laugh and say, "That's funny!  That is a good thing to put in the bag!"  We did include some nice things...favorites of mine right now too.  And then...I have found some fun cards for every day till her birthday!  I just don't have any faith in our postal system right now to get them delivered at the right times...sooo...the next couple days I will drop them off at her house!
Tonight...Brad planned a surprise party at a restaurant.  So we will gather with some friends and have a date night and then go for cake and coffee!  How fun!  I am taking this bag and hoping no one else had the same idea!!!  **No one else did the same gift idea!**
**We pulled it off!!!!  Brad planned the surprise for Mari with some friends...and family!  We met at J Alexander's for supper.  Party of 10...could not sit together!???? So we did table of 6 and table of 4...inserting major eye rolls to that!  Crazy!!!
 The company was good and the food was good...however...I like my salmon much better!  It has better flavor!  The orzo side dish was yummy!
 Birthday girl in her mask!
 Ahhhh...friend's home and no masks!  Delicious cake and coffee and lots of laughter!
 It was so fun to be included in the birthday surprise party!
 Mari is such a fun lady!  I enjoy any time we have together.  She laughed and enjoyed the gifts in the bag-o-fun.  50 is not so bad when you have friends to help you celebrate!
I am not a happy postal customer right now!!!  I put a card in the mail for the last few days...with the intent of one being delivered each day (Thurs.- Sat.), then I would deliver the ones for this week with treats.  I spent a couple hours with Mari today (Monday) and when the mail was delivered...still no colorful envelopes!!!  Well, that is stupid!  And we are supposed to trust the mail in voting scheme that one party is pushing right now.  Really!!! They can't even deliver the daily mail correctly...and we are supposed to trust them to deliver the votes of citizens that will forever impact the USA???  Are you kidding me!?!
Well...we all had a good laugh and guess as to when she will receive the funny cards!  Uff da!

No comments: