Love times like this! I remember when we were young sitting around Gram's table with the aunties!
Ted made it home Thursday night...his plane landed at 9:30pm and the girls went with me to go pick him up! It was fun just talking and counting the planes landing and taking off! The DTW is a super busy place for the time of night it was! I think things are back to normal with travel plans for many people!
We haven't all been in the van together in like...forever!
So pretty!
We enjoyed an in-person candle-light service as a family. We were invited by another family and it was a lovely and encouraging time...plus I got hugs from my little friends!
Our family tradition on Christmas Eve...appetizers and conversations and laughter!
Oh my...I am so glad that Ted is home! I am soaking it all up as wife and mother!
Love the times we have with our kiddos...who really are not acting like kids anymore! They are taking on more responsibilities and growing and soaring. I get teary watching and listening to them!
Christmas conversations in the living room....that I don't want to forget...ever!
Serious...and silly...and back to sober...
Giving from the heart...
Our first ever...matching pajamas! Everyone was a good sport!
Teddy putting together my gift...a new vacuum! "Son, do you need the directions?" Uh, no, they are useless. "Wow! ok!"
It works, Mom!
"Maybe the directions would show you where the attachment goes!" Uh...I looked at the pictures and it is not even listed anywhere! See, useless!
It truly is a Merry Christmas when everyone is gathered together. We had no expectations beyond hoping that everyone would make it home safely...and God took care of that for us...in His good time! We re-connected as a family and shared the gift of God's work in our lives this year. As we look forward, may we not forget all that God has done for us...for our good and His glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment